Ordway Blog: Stay connected here with what is happening at Ordway and take a look at what is going on behind the scenes.
Wed, Sep 5, 2012 2:16 PM by Luke Anderson
Submit an essay telling us why you have a passion for dance and why it makes you SHINE from the inside out! Submit your entry in the creative format that expresses your passion for dance best; such as song, video, drawing/painting, photo collage, a written essay, or whatever else you can imagine.
One Grand Prize Winner will receive a Family Four Pack of tickets to see Billy Elliot The Musical on opening night Oct 9, meet the company, and enjoy an exclusive backstage tour.
Two Runners-Up will receive a Family Four Pack of tickets to see the show on opening night Oct 9. Essay must be submitted by 5pm Fri, Sept 28.
When submitting your essay please include your NAME, AGE, ADDRESS, PHONE, and ESSAY FORMAT.
Wed, Jul 25, 2012 1:17 PM by Hannah Arkelin
The legendary Bob Fosse outdid himself when he created CHICAGO. With numbers like “All that Jazz” and “We Both Reached for the Gun”, the Broadway sensation is a dancer’s dream!
Now it’s your turn.
From now until July 31st, send us videos of your Fosse dance moves to a CHICAGO number of your choice. If you Razzle Dazzle us, you could win two free tickets to opening night! Dance with friends or send us a solo. Just don’t forget your jazz hands!
Upload your videos to the Ordway’s Facebook Wall by Aug 1st at 5pm! Videos should be no longer than 3 minutes in length and the choreography must be to a song from CHICAGO. Winners will be chosen and notified one week prior to opening night.
Some of our staff here at the Ordway wanted to show off their own Fosse moves! Enjoy the video below and see if you can top it! Don't forget those jazz hands!
Come on, Babe! Show us what you got!
Mon, Apr 30, 2012 12:51 PM by Hannah Arkelin
The Addams Family will be stepping onto the Ordway’s stage May 8th. In honor of their ominous arrival, we are giving away a 4-pack of tickets to one lucky family who feels as though they are just as backwards, kooky, and down-right entertaining as the Addams!
All you need to do is explain why you think your family would fit right in with the Addams. Share that hysterical story told at every family reunion, or simply let us know what a day in the life of your unconventional family is like!
Post it in the comment box below by Friday May 4th, and you will be automatically entered to win 4 tickets to the Broadway hit, The Addams Family, for opening night.
Don’t delay! Post your story today!
Tue, Apr 10, 2012 5:02 PM by Hannah Arkelin
Senator Al Franken has created a poetry contest in recognition of the Month of the Military Child. “Being part of a military family isn’t easy,” said Sen. Franken. “With this poetry contest, I hope to not only recognize the extraordinary work of men and women serving across the world, but also their children, who sacrifice so much when a parent is called away.”
This exceptional contest is open to all school-age children of military families in Minnesota. The three age categories are 1) Kindergarten to sixth grade; 2) Seventh to ninth grades; and 3) 10th to 12th grades. Winners from each category will receive an invitation to attend a reception at Sen. Franken’s St. Paul office to meet the senator and his wife, Franni. Top winning poems in each category will be framed and proudly displayed in Sen. Franken’s offices in St. Paul and Washington, D.C. The overall winner will receive an autographed book by famed Minnesota author Garrison Keillor.
For entrance in Sen. Franken’s poetry contest, please submit a poem by April 16, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Office of Sen. Al Franken, c/o ‘Poetry Contest’, 60 Plato Boulevard East, Suite 220, St. Paul, MN 55107
Participants may only submit one entry, no longer than 300 words. Each entry must include the child's name, the parent/guardian’s name, a phone number and home address, and the name of the child’s school. Also, please clearly indicate participant’s age category.
This is an amazing opportunity to hear the voices of such unbelievably strong children and honor their mothers and fathers who have chosen to serve our country.
Posted in Contests
Thu, May 26, 2011 4:18 PM by Ryan Jones
Enter the BUG OUT Sweepstakes, presented by ORDWAY in partnership with Cirque du Soleil. By texting ORDOVO to 35350 between now and May 30, you are automatically entered to win a prize pack including tickets to see OVO by Cirque du Soleil (as well as a backstage tour!) in Minneapolis on June 2nd AND a four-pack of tickets to see 9 to 5 at ORDWAY on July 12th! Good luck!
• Two (2) tickets to the 8 p.m. performance of OVO by Cirque du Soleil on Thursday, June 2. Prize will also include a backstage tour of the Cirque du Soleil tent.
• Four (4) tickets to the performance of “9 to 5” at ORDWAY on Tuesday, July 12.
1) THIS PROMOTION IS OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. (“Qualified entrant”). Limit one (1) entry per qualified entrant. By participating you agree to be bound by these “Official Rules” and the decision of the Sponsor. Sponsor: ORDWAY.
2) TO ENTER: Text promo code to supplied telephone number. Odds of winning based on the total number of valid entries received.
3) DRAWING: A random text will be chosen at the close of the sweepstakes (on or around 5/30/11) and the texter will have immediate feedback on their entry being received, as well as a link to these Rules & Regulations. No substitution or transfer of prize or cash equivalent is permitted except by Sponsor.
4) CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in this promotion, the participant agrees to assume all responsibility for the submission of an entry. Sweepstakes entry materials are automatically null and void and will be rejected if late, or if illegible, mutilated, torn, altered or counterfeit. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of prize winner. The winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and any liability which might arise from redeeming, or seeking to redeem, or from use, misuse, acceptance or possession of said prize or from participation in prize-related activities. By accepting a prize, the potential winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and each of their respective directors, officers, shareholders and employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, and agents, including but not limited to their respective advertising and promotion agencies, (the “Promotion Entities”) from any and all liability for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. By entering the promotion, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims against the Promotion Entities and each of their respective agents and representatives for any injury, damage or loss that may occur from the participation in the promotion or from the receipt or use of any prize or travel related to the receipt or use of any prize. Participants agree to allow Sponsor, and their designees to use their names and likenesses in any and all mediums now or hereafter known for advertising and publicity purposes throughout the world in perpetuity, without any compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
5) “9 to 5” tickets will be mailed to the home of the winning contestant, or left at will call for pick up on day-of.
Not valid with any other offers or discounts. No cash value. Not for resale. Cannot be exchanged.
6) Enter to win the Bug Out prize package, and receive an online coupon code for 15% off tickets to see OVO by Cirque du Soleil in Minneapolis at the close of the contest. Also receive a code for $10 off “9 to 5” at the ORDWAY. Not valid with any other offers or discounts.
7) OVO tickets are for 2 Level 2 seats for the 8 pm performance on June 2, 2011, as well as a backstage tour. No cash value. Not for resale. Cannot be exchanged.
ORDWAY contest valid May 26-May 30, 2011.
This blog is a group effort by Ordway staff, actors, artists, musicians, dancers and all those involved in the creative process of performances, programs and events at the Ordway to provide a behind the scenes look at what happens onstage, backstage and in support of the work presented at the Ordway. We also hope to discuss pertinent topics in our industry.
The purpose of this blog is to engage with you in the blogosphere. We wish to let you know that our posts do not go through any official editorial process for spelling, grammar or fact checking, therefore errors may occur – please be kind! Every blog post is open for public comment, questions or suggestions and the Ordway chooses not to pre-screen these responses. That being said, we do reserve the right to remove any offensive, illegal, or inappropriate content at the Ordway's sole discretion.
As part of our new branding initiative surrounding the joy provided by performing arts, by posting a comment, question or suggestion you provide the Ordway with the right to use your submission for marketing and promotional purposes. (I know, I know, I promise to not make future posts as boring as this one!)
Phew! I'm done talking "legal jargon." Thanks for stopping by and reading our blog!