Ticketing & FAQs
Ticket Ordering Instructions
Before you place your order, please be sure to:
- Determine the performances and number of tickets your group needs. Total number of tickets ordered must include all staff, chaperones, and students attending. We request a ratio of one chaperone for every 10-15 students
- Determine alternative performances, dates and/or times in the event your first choice is sold out
- Includes accommodation needs. The Ordway provides accessible seating, infrared listening system units, ASL interpretation, and audio description.
- Submit your order by phone, fax or mail with payment in full or your principal’s signature that guarantees payment in full by August 12, 2016
Order by Phone
Education Hotline – 651.282.3115
Order by Mail
Complete a School Performance Order Form and send to:
Education Sales – Ordway Center for the Performing Arts
345 Washington Street
Saint Paul, MN 55102
Order by Fax
Complete a School Performance Order Form and fax to:
Attn: Education Sales – 651.215.2135
Additional Ticket Information & Policies
- Individual tickets are not issued; a one-page group confirmation is distributed.
- Tickets are purchased as general admission; groups are assigned seats by seating chart based on size of group, accommodation needs, and grade level.
Order Changes and Refund Policies
- Educators must contact Education Sales, 651.282.3115, at least six weeks prior to the performance regarding any order changes.
- If Education Sales is not contacted, the school will be held responsible for the full payment of the order.
- Refunds will be given up to six weeks prior to the performance, provided that the Ordway can resell your returned tickets.
- Please arrive 20-30 minutes prior to your scheduled performance time.
- All performances are subject to change and cancellation. You will be notified of any performance changes.
- Our school bus reimbursement program is available to all schools.
When can I order tickets?
NOW! The Ordway school performances are very popular and sell out quickly, so be sure place your order as early as possible. Orders can be easily placed by Phone, Mail or Fax. through the education hotline, 651.282.3115 or mail or fax.
Who/What is an Ordway Education Liaison?
The Ordway Education Liaison is responsible for your school group’s order and all communications regarding payment, order changes, study guides, and performance day logistics.
How much are tickets?
- Performing Arts Classroom Series tickets are $3.50 each.
- Broadway Songbook Series tickets are $5 each.
When do we pay?
Submit your order with payment in full or with YOUR PRINCIPAL’S SIGNATURE that guarantees payment in full by August 12, 2016. Any unpaid orders after August 12, 2016, will be canceled and released for the September 2, 2016, On-Sale Event.
How do I arrange for accommodation needs?
Please include all accommodation needs when you place your order over the phone. The Ordway provides wheelchair seating, infrared listening system units, ASL interpretation, and audio description. The Ordway requires two-week notification via phone or e-mail for any additional accommodation needs that were not included at the time of your original order.
What if a performance I choose is sold out?
If a performance is already sold out, we will try and place you in one of the alternate performances you have selected. If your alternative performances are not available, you will be notified that your group has been placed on the waiting list. Once a group is placed on the waiting list, the liaison will be contacted if seats become available. At which time they will be given a date by which they will need to accept or decline the waiting list ticket offer. If the liaison does not contact the Ordway by the ticket offer deadline, the Ordway will extend the invitation to the next group on the waiting list.
How long are performances?
- Performing Arts Classroom Series performances are 50-60 minutes in length.
- Broadway Songbook Series performances are 90 minutes in length.
Who do we contact with a performance or school ticketing question?
Contact the education department with ticketing questions Monday–Friday between 9 AM and 5 PM by phone 651.282.3115 or e-mail SWiechmann@ordway.org.