Ordway Original produced shows regularly feature a combination of great local talent and artists from across the country.
Information about auditions is also available on the Ordway Audition Hotline at 651.282.3078.
Casting notice: Groundhog Day
It’s Groundhog Day! Director Martha Banta creates a new version of the Broadway musical inspired by the iconic film for Broadway at the Ordway.
Seeking: Equity (AEA) and non-Equity, Twin Cities local (must live or have housing and transportation within 50 miles of Saint Paul, Minnesota).
- 2 principal roles: See character descriptions below.
- 19 ensemble roles: See ensemble description below.
|Monday October 28, 2019||9:00am – 1:00pm
1:30pm – 6:30pm
|Open Call (Non AEA Adults)
Open Call (Non AEA Adults)
|Thursday October 31, 2019||9:30am – 1:00pm
1:30pm – 4:30pm
|Friday November 1, 2019||1:00pm – 5:00pm
5:30pm – 9:00pm
|Saturday November 2, 2019||TBD||Callbacks|
|Sunday November 3, 2019||TBD||Callbacks|
To request a time slot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. An Ordway staff member will respond within 3 business days.
Groundhog Day will be produced under the COST agreement. AEA minimum is $1,019 per week.
Actors Equity Association and the Ordway are committed to diversity and encourage all its employers to engage in a policy of equal employment opportunity designed to promote a positive model of inclusion. Performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, ages, and performers with disabilities are encouraged to audition.
All performers who have questions or other accommodations in order to fully participate in auditions are encouraged to reach out to email@example.com. For more information about access at the Ordway, visit: https://ordway.org/access.
What to prepare
16 bars of a preferred pop/rock vocal selection or a musical theater selection sung in a pop/rock vocal style. We also encourage you to bring your book of additional song options. An accompanist will be provided for all vocal auditions.
Audition sides will be sent out via email once your audition slot is secured.
Groundhog Day: The Musical is based on the iconic film and features a hilarious book by Danny Rubin, clever songs by Tim Minchin of Matilda fame, and directed by Martha Banta. Martha Banta directed Mamma Mia! for Broadway at the Ordway and the recent Rock of Ages national tour.
- First Rehearsal: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
- First Performance: Tuesday, July 21, 2020
- Closing Performance: Sunday, August 9, 2020
- Phil Connors (ages 34-49): local weatherman who gets stuck in a time loop, living the same day over and over again; he projects charisma/charm, even when he is being sarcastic and verbally abusive; his range must extend to truthful pain and truthful sincerity; cantankerous and tenacious. Lyric Baritone, with an A5 Top.
- Rita Hanson (ages 30-46): love interest of Phil, Rita is a news producer for Pittsburgh television station WPBH-TV 9; she is open-hearted, yet strong and competent; she is a complex contemporary woman. Mezzo Soprano; Belt to at least an Eb5.
- Ensemble (ages 20+): Including featured soloists and small supporting roles; all ethnicities and genders; seeking great character actors with a strong pop/rock sound and good movement skills.
Learn about future audition opportunities
Sign up to receive e-mails about future audition opportunities.