Behind the Brand New Beat
The brand new beat is here, and 42nd Street is the Ordway Original you won’t want to miss! Featuring local talent, masterful dancing, and funk-jazz orchestrations of hit songs like “We’re in the Money” and “Lullaby of Broadway,” this all-new Ordway production will knock you off your feet. Get your sneak peek with our curated collection of behind-the-scenes content!
In the News
- Cherry and Spoon Review: 42nd Street
- 42nd Street dazzles at the Ordway, TC Jewfolk
- Magical 42nd Street brings in da funk at the Ordway, Lavender Magazine
- The gay husbands behind the Ordway’s innovative 42nd Street, Lavender Magazine
- Ordway Goes all-out for 42nd Street, MinnPost
- 42nd Street’s new digs at the Ordway are fresh, funky, flashy, Pioneer Press
- In St. Paul, musical ’42nd Street’ plot makes no sense but who cares when the dancing is this much fun? Star Tribune
- Reimagining Done Right: 42nd Street at the Ordway, Minnesota Theater Love
- Aisle Say Twin Cities Review, 42nd Street
- Play Off Page Review: 42nd Street
- Talkin’ Broadway Review: 42nd Street
- Classic musical ’42nd Street’ revamped for new audiences at the Ordway, Pioneer Press
- Arts Spotlight: 630 – 42nd Street, Lavender
- City Pages A-List 7/17
- The Jason Show welcomes Tony Winner Tamara Tunie, star of 42nd Street at the Ordway
- KARE 11 interviews Astaire Award-winning dancer and choreographer Jared Grimes of 42nd Street
- A Cabaret Featuring the Cast of the Ordway’s “42nd Street,” Cherry and Spoon
- Glitz, Glam, and Heart: 42nd Street at the Ordway, Minnesota Playlist
- Tappin’ Tuesdays on Twin Cities Live
- Tamara Tunie and Jerrod Emick announcement, Playbill
- Interview with Kimberly Immanuel of 42nd Street at Ordway, Broadway World
- The jazz-funk ’42nd Street’ at Drury Lane is one for the ages, Chicago Tribune
- First Look At Reimagined 42nd Street At The Ordway Center For The Performing Arts, Broadway World
- Tamara Tunie’s Interview on The Lori and Julia show (skip to the 31:00 mark)
- Rehearsal photos
- Video trailer
- Behind the scenes rehearsal video
- Introducing the Ordway Podcasts, made in partnership with our friends at Minnesota Playlist
- First episode: Rod Kaats, the Ordway’s Producing Artistic Director talks about Broadway at the Ordway and the not-to-be-missed reimagined production of the classic Broadway musical 42nd Street.
- Second episode: Performers Phillip Attmore and Kimberly Immanuel, who play Billy and Peggy, in the Ordway’s production of 42nd Street, discuss diverse representation on stage and recreating these iconic characters in this exciting new version of the classic musical.
- Third episode: Actors Bekah Gudim, Maddie Hillligoss, talk with the Ordway’s Director of Education and Producing Associate, Kelli Foster-Warder about tap dancing, the prominence it has had in their lives and in the brand new story of the beloved Broadway classic 42nd Street.
- Fourth episode: Choreographer Jared Grimes talks with the Ordway’s Director of Education and Producing Associate Kelli Foster Warder about creating the show out of the feet of these unique dancers, the opportunity to open up a gateway to tap for the people of this generation and what 42nd Street means to him.
- Fifth episode: The Ordway’s Director of Education and Associate Producer Kelli Foster Warder talks 42nd Street with Director Michael Heitzman. He discusses the story and vision of this remastered production.
- Sixth episode: Episode Six, Part I42nd Street costume designer, Emilio Sosa, talks with the Ordway’s Director of Education and Associate Producer, Kelli Foster Warder, about his background and how to tell stories through costumes. Episode Six, Part II
42nd Street Director Michael Heitzman and Choreographer, Jared Grimes, talk with Kelli Foster Warder, the Ordway’s Director of Education and Associate Producer, about how the new version and how the one-of-a-kind production came to life.
- AAHS alumnus lands role at the Ordway, Echo Press
- Dancer takes all-around approach to her profession, Sun This Week