Knight Foundation Saint Paul Cultural Opportunity Fund Guidelines
Who is eligible?
- Non-profit organizations and individual artists who book the Concert Hall for a rental engagement.
- Priority is given to proposals from emerging and mid-range arts organizations/individual artists, with an emphasis on cultural and artistic diversity.
- Applicants must be based in Minnesota to be eligible.
How do I apply?
- Proposals are currently being accepted, and may be submitted online at ordway.org/knightfund.
- Proposals will be reviewed by a committee of Arts Partnership staff, and awardees notified by email.
- Funds will subsidize rent and direct expenses incurred by the Ordway only and be allocated to applicants for their first booking in any one season (actual subsidy amounts are subject to funding availability). Subsidy amount awarded varies based on applicants annual budget, as follows:
|Applicant’s Annual Budget
|Less than $500,000/year
|$500,000/year and up
- The Arts Partnership may adjust subsidy amounts based upon available resources.
- In no case will subsidy amount exceed the total direct expenses incurred by the applicant.
- Individual artists/organizations receiving funding will submit a report to the Arts Partnership within one month of final performance date using report template provided.
- The Arts Partnership will survey participating individual artists/organizations to record qualitative observations and report on possible areas for improvement in future collaborations
- Individual artists/organizations receiving this subsidy must acknowledge the support of the Knight Saint Paul Cultural Opportunity Fund in collateral materials and on their website.
- The Arts Partnership will administer the allocation of funding and its decisions will be final.
- Funds will be distributed as credits on engagement’s final settlement statement with the Ordway.
- Applicants who wish to book the Concert Hall for more than 1 performance in a season may be eligible for an additional subsidy, though this will only be considered after all applicants have been allocated an initial subsidy.
- We are currently awarding Knight Funds for calendar year 2019 performance opportunities. Ordway and Knight Fund recipients will work together to find dates that are mutually agreeable once the awards have been made.