Sally Award Nominations
27th annual Sally Ordway Irvine Awards Nominations
The Sally Ordway Irvine Awards ceremony is an annual celebration of the statewide arts community. The Sally Awards recognize outstanding contributions made by individuals, organizations, and communities to the cultural life of our state. While these contributions are usually made unselfishly, it is important to take the time to recognize and show thanks for outstanding achievement in the arts community.
Please take a moment to consider individuals, organizations, and communities that deserve to be acknowledged with a nomination for a Sally Award. Nominations can be made by an individual, group, organization, or business. Nominees’ achievements in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion will be highly valued in the selection of award recipients in all five categories.
Nomination Deadline: June 4, 2019
Sally Award categories:
When submitting a nomination, we suggest the following:
- Assume whoever is reading your nomination is unfamiliar with your nominee and their work. Try your best to explain your nominee’s efforts and why they have a positive impact within the communities and field of your nominee.
- Consider attaching support materials such as video clips, photos, excerpts from articles and letters of support that are relevant to your nomination.
- Individuals or organizations may be nominated or may nominate themselves.
- Individuals must be a full-time resident of Minnesota, and organizations must be based in and serve Minnesota.
- The work for which individuals and/or organizations are being nominated must have taken place in Minnesota and serve Minnesotans.
- Previous recipients are ineligible to be awarded again.
- Employees of an organization that have been awarded in the past may be eligible if they are nominated for efforts outside of their employment that is unrelated to the ineligible organization.
- There is no age criterion for nominees.
- Posthumous nominations are accepted.
- The Selection Committee members may also nominate for this award.
- Telephone nominations will not be accepted.
- Current Ordway and Minnesota State Arts Board employees are not eligible to be nominated, but may nominate.
- Winners will be personally notified. Names of those nominating will not be made public.
Members of the Selection Committee will include immediate past award recipients, representatives from the arts community and the media, a representative from the Minnesota State Arts Board, and leadership from Ordway Center for the Performing Arts. The Committee’s decisions are final. The Committee reserves the right to reassign nominees to an award category other than the one indicated on the submission form. Names of the award recipients will be publicly released by the end of September 2019. Award recipients will be honored during a ceremony on Monday, November 4, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Tommy Sar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.282.3060.