School Performance Ticketing & FAQs
Ticket Ordering Instructions
Before you place your order, please be sure to:
- Determine the performances and number of tickets your group needs. The total number of tickets ordered must include all staff, chaperones, and students attending. We request a ratio of one chaperone for every 10-15 students
- Determine alternative performances, dates and/or times in the event your first choice is sold out
- Include any accommodation needs. The Ordway provides wheelchair seating, infrared listening system units, ASL interpretation, and audio description
- Submit your order by phone, fax, or mail with payment in full or your principal’s signature that guarantees payment in full by six weeks prior to your performances.
Order by Phone
Ticket orders are taken by phone. Please call the Education Hotline at 651.282.3115 to place your ticket order
Additional Ticket Information & Policies
- Individual tickets are not issued; a one-page group confirmation is distributed.
- Tickets are purchased as general admission; groups are assigned seats by seating chart based on size of group, accessible seating requirements, and grade level.
Order Changes and Refund Policies
- Educators must contact Education Sales, 651.282.3115, at least six weeks prior to the performance regarding any order changes.
- If Education Sales is not contacted, the school will be held responsible for the full payment of the order.
- Refunds will be given up to six weeks prior to the performance, provided that the Ordway can resell your returned tickets.
- Please arrive 20-30 minutes prior to your scheduled performance time.
- All performances are subject to change and cancellation. You will be notified of any performance changes.
- Our school bus reimbursement program is available to all schools.
NEW! School Performance Access Ticket Fund
The Ordway has a limited number of access tickets available for the Music and Movement School Performance series. Access tickets are designed for access to schools who would otherwise not be able to attend performances with the already reduced ticket price of $4.00 each.
Access tickets will be made available for 25¢ for schools who have 70% or more students qualifying for free and reduced lunch. All requests will be processed via the online Access Tickets Form, which will be available at the pre-sale time. Schools are limited to 100 access tickets for 25¢ each per performance and a total of 250 access tickets per school year. Available tickets are distributed on a first come-first served basis in accordance with the individual school and performance maximum’s named above.
Schools can add tickets over the limits at the normal price of $4.00 per ticket.
Who/What is an Ordway Education Liaison?
The Ordway Education Liaison is responsible for your school group’s order and all communications regarding payment, order changes, study guides, and performance day logistics.
How much are tickets?
- Music and Movement Series, Young Audience Series and Flint Hills Family Festival tickets are $4.00 each.
- Ordway Cabaret Series tickets are $5.00-$10.00 each.
- Special Engagement series tickets are $10.00-$20.00 each.
Ticket price is based on a school’s percentage of students that qualify for free and reduced lunch.
When do we pay?
Ticket orders for the 2019/20 school performance season must be paid on or before September 30, 2019.
How do I arrange for accommodation needs?
Please include all accommodation needs when you place your order over the phone. The Ordway provides wheelchair seating, infrared listening system units, ASL interpretation, and audio description. The Ordway requires two-week notification via phone or e-mail for any additional accommodation needs that were not included at the time of your original order.
What if a performance I choose is sold out?
If a performance is already sold out, we will try and place you in one of the alternate performances you have selected. If your alternative performances are not available, you will be notified that your group has been placed on the waiting list. Once a group is placed on the waiting list, the liaison will be contacted if seats become available. At which time they will be given a date by which they will need to accept or decline the waiting list ticket offer. If the liaison does not contact the Ordway by the ticket offer deadline, the Ordway will extend the invitation to the next group on the waiting list.
How long are performances?
- Young Audience Series school performances are 50-60 minutes in length.
- Music and Movement Series school performances are 50-60 minutes in length.
- Flint Hill Family Festival School performances are 50-60 minutes in length.
- Ordway Cabaret Series school performances are 90 minutes in length.
- Special Engagement School performances 1.5-2.5 hours
Who do we contact with a performance or school ticketing question?
Contact the education department with ticketing questions Monday–Friday between 9 AM and 5 PM by phone 651.282.3115 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org